- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 5 tbsp, unsalted butter
- 4 cups dry chow mein noodles
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Colored Easter egg candies
- Crisco shortening to coat hands
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the 5 tbsp. of unsalted butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Pour in the mini marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are completely melted and are of a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and 4 cups of noodles or cereal.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Take a little spoonful of the Crisco shortening and coat your hands.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the noodles and roll them into a ball. Place each ball on the baking sheet to let cool.
- Once the balls are cooled, shape each one into a nest by pressing your thumb down the middle and molding/shaping the sides.
- Place 3 or 4 Easter egg candies inside each nest. Place aside until ready to serve.