This recipe for Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits uses already made biscuit/pancake mix as a shortcut to making these yummy gems. Biscuit making is a hard job. Let this recipe take the difficulty away for a while.
- 2 and 1/4 cup pre-made biscuit/pancake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted for brushing
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour plus a little more for dusting and preventing stickiness
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the premade biscuit/pancake mix, buttermilk, and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the 1 tablespoon of melted butter and mix again until well blended.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with 1/4 cup of all purpose flour. Take the dough and knead it at least 20 times on the surface, using the flour to coat it.
- Roll dough until it is at least 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick all around. With a round biscuit cutter, cut them into pieces and place them on the dish.
- Brush the tops with half of the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops are light brown. After baking, brush tops with the remaining melted butter.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!