This recipe for Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits uses already made biscuit/pancake mix as a shortcut to making these yummy gems.
Biscuit making is a hard job. Let this copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits take the difficulty away for a while.
- 2 and 1/4 cup pre-made biscuit/pancake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted for brushing
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour plus a little more for dusting and preventing stickiness
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a glass mixing bowl, stir together the premade biscuit/pancake mix, buttermilk, and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the 1 tablespoon of melted butter and mix again until well blended.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with 1/4 cup of all purpose flour. Take the dough and knead it at least 20 times on the surface, using the flour to coat it.
- Roll dough until it is at least 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick all around. With a round biscuit cutter, cut them into pieces and place them on the dish.
- Brush the tops with half of the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops are light brown. After baking, brush tops with the remaining melted butter.