These Breakfast Muffins are the perfect thing to eat on busy mornings! Just pop them in the microwave for a minute and they are ready!
I’ve never been a breakfast person, however, my son and my husband usually are. My daughter is also, depending on her mood.
Normally on busy mornings, we eat cereal or frozen waffles, keeping it nice and simple.
However, every now and then, it’s nice to have a sustainable alternative. Let’s face it, no matter how versatile those waffles are, they just don’t fill you up till lunch.
Enter these little muffins of flavor!
I came across this recipe during my personal cookbook challenge that I have been executing over the past few years.
Everything you need to eat in the mornings to keep you full until lunch can be found in this one muffin!
Cream cheese is the secret ingredient that makes these sustainable, while the refrigerated biscuits provide a good base. If you add in bacon, eggs, and cheese, you basically have your own breakfast sandwich. It’s just in muffin form.
You don’t have to stick with bacon. Other ingredient ideas that are interchangeable are:
- cooked and crumbled sausage
- diced and saute’d bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- cooked ground turkey and
- diced ham
Did I mention they are also freezer friendly? YES…they are! I have been known to make a batch (or two), let them cool, place them in a gallon ziplock bag, then freeze for up to 2 months. To defrost, just take as many as you need and place them in the microwave on high for about a minute or so.
Breakfast is a total game changer with these muffins!
P.S. Looking for a sweet muffin to compliment this one? Then try these Make Ahead Banana Pecan Muffins!
- 8 ounce can of refrigerated flaky biscuits (half of a 16 ounce can or 4 individual biscuits)
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon (browned, crumbled, and drained)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Using the perforated cuts in each biscuit, separate each of them into 3 pieces. You should have a total of 12 pieces. Press each of these pieces into the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Stir in the bacon, cheese, and any other ingredients you wish.
- Place 1/8 cup of the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until each muffin is set and firm. Use a toothpick inserted into each one to see if it comes out clean. If it doesn't, cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat until the toothpick comes out clean.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!