These Pizza Pepperoni Pull Aparts are the perfect appetizers for those who are in love with pizza. They are like mini pizzas in roll form. We eat them for lunch and/or dinner.
I’m very excited to share this recipe with ya today.
I discovered these on Pinterest years ago, and like most everything else on my account, it’s taken me a few years to make em.
These were very popular back then. I remember plenty of food bloggers posting about how easy this recipe was. A search for kid friendly lunch ideas led me straight back to them.
It seemed like these were all my kids lived on this summer, rotating between these and Frozen Pudding Sandwiches. In fact, I made them so much, that I started deviating from the original recipe to personalize them.
These would be great to make as appetizers for parties or get togethers, because as my Ava described, “these are like pizza slices rolled up inside a tiny yeast roll”—which, they basically are.
The original recipe called for crescent rolls and mozzarella string cheese, however, I tend to purchase frozen yeast rolls when the commissary has them in stock (they sell out pretty quick) which means I had tons to use up this summer!
I’ve made them with string cheese, blocked cheese (chopped, of course), pre-shredded cheese, and deli sliced cheese. We’ve made them with mozzarella, Monterey Jack, muenster, and pepper jack.
My conclusion, you can use any form of cheese you want, in any flavor, and they will come out perfect every time.
Your friends and family will be begging for this recipe! Promise 😉
- 12 frozen yeast rolls (thawed, see note)
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 4 sticks mozzarella string cheese (cut into 3 pieces each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Pizza sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and brush a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Take one of the rolls and flatten them out on a plate.
- Place 2 pieces of pepperoni onto the flattened roll.
- Place one piece of the cut string cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Roll the roll down the middle as if you were rolling a burrito.
- Fold the right and left and sides of the roll over to form a ball, making sure to pinch the edges together so they will seal.
- Place the ball onto the baking dish. Repeat steps 2 through 6 for the rest.
- Combine the unsalted butter with the garlic powder and brush mixture onto the top of each roll.
- Sprinkle each roll with a dash of Italian Seasoning if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until rolls look light brown in color. Serve with pizza sauce.