Made with cloves, pineapples, and brown sugar, this Slow Cooked Pineapple Brown Sugar Holiday Ham is guaranteed to be the star of your next holiday meal! It cooks in the slow cooker, leaving room in your oven for those other holiday recipes AND saving you time in the kitchen!
*This post contains affiliate links*
Ham is significantly underrated these days, don’t you think?
From sandwiches to soups to fried rice and appetizers, it’s a versatile piece of meat that basically fits into any recipe of choice.
Due to Husband Man’s love of this traditional dish, I feel like I have tried almost every single way to make one. He enjoys pineapples and cloves mixed in, so I knew this recipe had to be a winner!
The fact that this is a slow cooker recipe drew me in immediately.
You can throw everything into that wonderful appliance, turn it on, and tend to the rest of your day. We all know how busy the holidays can be and having one less recipe to worry about can help tremendously!
A little tip about hams…they are pre-cooked! Which means when you are placing it in the oven or slow cooker, you are basically letting it marinade and slow cook for a few more hours.
On top of the cloves, brown sugar and pineapples, this recipe also has it hanging out in the yummy juices that it produces while heating up. It’s irresistibly hard to stay away from when finished.
We have made it for Easter and Thanksgiving dinners, as well as for special family dinners. It has become a favorite in this house and we hope it will become one in yours as well 😉
- Separate the pineapple slices from the juice in all the cans. Place the juices in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the 1/3 cup of brown sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves to the reserved pineapple juice. Whisk and stir until well combined. Add the orange juice and orange liqueur. Whisk again until combined.
- Place the ham inside the slow cooker warmer. Drizzle the pineapple juice mixture over the outside of the hame.
- Take the pineapple slices and place them all around the ham.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours