Do you need a quick recipe to celebrate the fall season? This Pumpkin Pie Spice Chex Mix will help! It’s one of the easiest snacks to make when the weather turns chilly. This has been added to our collection of Chex Mix Recipe Ideas!
This recipe screams fall! It will fill your house with the aroma of autumn as it bakes in the oven. It’s also less then 8 ingredients and super affordable to create.
This snack is a concoction of sweet and salty that is only meant for the autumn season. The combination of salty pretzels mixed with the sweet taste of cinnamon and brown sugar is perfection.
Items needed to prepare this Chex Mix snack
These are affiliate links and will not change the sale price.
Reasons Why You Need to Make this Pumpkin Pie Spice Chex Mix
Ingredients and Tips for Making this Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
Wondering what you need to make this yummy snack? I got you covered below!
- Rice Chex Cereal: This is the key ingredient to this recipe. Don’t skip it.
- Mini Pretzels: Pretzels bring a saltiness to the mix.
- Cinnamon Teddy Grahams: The cinnamon makes the snack sweet.
- Pecans: These add the nutty flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Just like the cinnamon, it adds the sweetness.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: This seasoning is what gives the recipe it’s name. Don’t skip it!
How Do You Store Chex Mix?
If you store the mix correctly, they should last about 4 to 6 weeks. We like to use these Pyrex glass storage containers to place them in. Make sure the lids are tightly secured as to not let any air circulate. This will result in a stale mix. You can also freeze them in gallon sized zip lock bags for up to 6 months.
Can You Purchase Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix?
You can buy pumpkin spice mix at any grocery store. We like to use the McCormick brand, however, any one will suffice. You can also make it a homemade version as well.
Is Pumpkin Pie Spice an Actual Spice?
It is not a stand alone spice like ground pepper, however, it is a spice blind that consists of other types of seasonings to make pumpkin pie. Hence, pumpkin pie spice.
More of Our Favorite Chex Mix Recipes:
If you are looking for more Chex Mix recipes, then check out a few more of our favorite ones on the site and from our friends:
- Fall Harvest Chex Mix
- Fall Chex Mix Recipe Collection
- Easy Fall Candy Corn Puppy Chow Recipe
- The First Thanksgiving Snack
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels, Teddy Grahams, and pecans.
- Place the melted butter in a small bowl and stir in vanilla extract, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss until well coated.
- Spread mix onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour. Bring to room temperature.
- Store in airtight container or gallon sized ziplock bag.