Need a quick snack to make? This Chex Mix Recipe With Cheez Its fits the qualification. It’s an easy treat to make when you need something in a pinch. You can’t go wrong with making Chex Mix Recipe Ideas when you are in a hurry!
With only 8 ingredients, it’s an easy recipe to whip up with not a lot of effort involved. It’s also a dump and go, one bowl recipe so there’s less to clean up afterwards.
Items needed to prepare this Chex Mix snack
These are affiliate links and will not change the sale price.
This snack is a concoction of savory flavors that meld together to form a wonderful serving of heaven. The combination of salty pretzels and roasted peanuts mixed with a buttery tangy sauce makes for great noshing between meals.
Why You Need to Make this Chex Mix Recipe with Cheez Its
Ingredients and Tips for Making this Chex Mix Recipe
Wondering what you need to make this yummy snack? I got you covered below!
- Rice Chex Cereal: This is the key ingredient to this recipe. Don’t skip it.
- Corn Chex Cereal: Same as the Rice Chex.
- Mini Pretzels: Pretzels bring a saltiness to the mix.
- Cheez Its: These add the cheese flavoring.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts: These add the nutty flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce: If you like a smoky flavor with your snacks, this ingredient will help!
- Ranch Seasoning Mix: I have to admit, this one threw me off and I was skeptical with trying it. However, I learned quick NOT to skip it! It gives the mix the tangy flavor!
How Do You Store Chex Mix?
If you store the mix correctly, they should last about 4 to 6 weeks. We like to use these Pyrex glass storage containers to place them in. Make sure the lids are tightly secured as to not let any air circulate. This will result in a stale mix. You can also freeze them in gallon sized zip lock bags for up to 6 months.
What Things Can I Put in this Chex Mix Recipe with Cheez Its?
The list is endless when it comes to food items and Chex Mix. For a savory version, any of the following will be a great addition:
- Chex Rice cereal
- Goldfish crackers
- Cheez Its
Is it Cheaper to Make Your Own Chex Mix or to Purchase It?
It is definitely cheaper to make homemade Chex Mix then to buy it. If you do the math, you can easily double the recipe and servings by purchasing everything you need once. If you purchase already made Chex Mix, you will have to buy two bags.
More of Our Favorite Chex Mix Recipes:
If you are looking for more Chex Mix recipes, then check out a few more of our favorite ones on the site and from our friends:
- Fall Harvest Chex Mix
- Fall Chex Mix Recipe Collection
- White Christmas Chex Mix
- Easy Kids Toasted Trail Mix Recipe
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crackers goldfish or Cheez Its
- 1 cup pretzels mini
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 ounce ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine both Chex cereals, Cheez Its, pretzels, and peanuts. Toss until all combined.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, and ranch dressing mix.
- Cook on low until the butter is melted and stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the butter mixture over the ingredients in the bowl. Toss until well coated.
- Spread the contents of the bowl onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for an hour and let it come to room temperature.
- Store in an air tight container or ziplock bag for up to a week.