Start your day off right with a delicious serving of this Cracker Barrel Pancake Recipe. Made with buttermilk, eggs, flour, and other baking ingredients, these pancakes are sure to become a favorite. It’s a staple in our collection and has made it into our arsenal of Cracker Barrel Recipes.
This breakfast bares a similar resemblance to the ones served at this popular restaurant. As a family, we enjoy creating dishes that are similar to the food establishments we like to visit.
While researching breakfast ideas, I came across this recipe and my curiosity went into overdrive. Being that I have made plenty of pancakes in my day, I had to try this one to see if it compares to Cracker Barrel’s version. It did not disappoint!
Our Favorite Cracker Barrel Products
These are affiliate links. They will not change the price of the items.
Reasons to make this Cracker Barrel Pancake Recipe
Ingredients and Tips for this Pancake Recipe from Cracker Barrel
The following are affiliate links and will not change the sale price.
- All Purpose Flour: This ingredient is crucial as it will give the recipe it’s texture.
- Baking Soda: Without a doubt, when combined with salt and buttermilk, baking soda will help the pancakes rise.
- Buttermilk: Make sure not to use anything above 1% or your pancakes will come out flat.
Does Cracker Barrel Serve Other Types of Pancakes?
Cracker Barrel produces a multitude of different pancakes on a daily basis. Accoording to their website, they serve: buttermilk, blueberry with blueberry syrup, and pecan with maple syrup.
Are these Pancakes Freezable?
Yes! After cooking, allow to come to room temperature. Place them individually on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper. Freeze for about 2 hours and distribute in a gallon ziplock bag. They can stay in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, place frozen pancakes in a toaster oven until desired warmness. You can also microwave them on high for about 20 to 30 seconds.
Which Appliance Do I Use to Make These Cracker Barrel Pancakes?
To clarify, this recipe makes about 9 pancakes. Due to this, we like to use a griddle such as this Bella Electric Griddle. It allows us to make multiple pancakes in a short amount of time. The warming tray underneath also helps to keep the pancakes ready to serve.
Looking For More Breakfast Recipes?
If you enjoy easy breakfast recipes, here are a few more recommendations from the site and our friends:
- CopyCat Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Biscuits
- CopyCat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
- 5 Ingredient Breakfast Muffins
- Breakfast Ideas with Crescent Roll Dough
- Apple Cinnamon Bacon Breakfast Casserole
What Do I Serve with this Cracker Barrel Pancake Recipe?
Wondering what else you can serve with this meal? Here are a few suggestions from the site:
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups low fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter for greasing the griddle
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Keep stirring until well mixed.
- Whisk together the eggs and the buttermilk until well combined.
- Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Grease the heated griddle with the unsalted butter. Drop 1/2 cup of the pancake batter onto the griddle. Repeat this a few times across the entire griddle.
- Flip the pancakes after a few minutes and the outer edges look settled.
- The pancakes are done when each side is no longer doughy. Serve immediately.