If you are looking for a quick recipe to whip up for breakfast, this Cracker Barrel Gravy Recipe is just what you need! Made with bacon, a homemade roux, and a few seasonings, this gravy is the cat’s meow. It’s so delicious that it has made it into our arsenal of Cracker Barrel Recipes.
This recipe resembles the one served at the popular restaurant, Cracker Barrel. As a family, we enjoy creating dishes that are similar to the food establishments we like to visit. Their gravy is definitely top notch!
Whether you’re indulging in their fluffy pancakes or digging into a plate of chicken and biscuits, one thing is for sure: their rich, creamy gravy is a standout star. This recipe is so close to the real thing that you won’t believe it’s homemade.
Our Favorite Cracker Barrel Products
These are affiliate links. They will not change the price of the items.
Reasons to make this Cracker Barrel Gravy Recipe
Ingredients and Tips for this Gravy Recipe from Cracker Barrel
The following are affiliate links and will not change the sale price.
- Bacon: We use regular bacon, however, you can use anything from maple to applewood.
- Onion: This ingredient will combine with the bacon to form a savory medley.
- All Purpose Flour and Milk: We use this to make a roux that will thicken the gravy.
- Salt and Pepper: These are used as the discretion of taste.
What is in this Cracker Barrel Gravy Recipe?
This recipe contains the appropriate ingredients to make a roux (flour and butter), as well as savory seasonings (salt and pepper) to complete the taste. Onions and bacon round out the dish for a complete delicious experience.
How Do You Use This Gravy Recipe?
You can use this gravy in numerous of ways, mostly as a savory topping combined with other items. It makes a great compliment to biscuits, mashed potatoes, chicken, and even waffles.
What Cookware Should I Use to Create This Cracker Barrel Recipe?
The gravy should be made on a stove with a proper pan for heating. We like to use this Stainless Steel Frying Pan from Ninja Foodi. It’s easy to serve the gravy without worrying about sticking due to the nonstick interior.
Looking For More Breakfast Recipes?
If you enjoy easy breakfast recipes, here are a few more recommendations from the site and our friends:
- CopyCat Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Biscuits
- CopyCat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
- CopyCat Cracker Barrel Pancake Recipe
- Breakfast Ideas with Crescent Roll Dough
- Apple Cinnamon Bacon Breakfast Casserole
What Do I Serve with this Cracker Barrel Gravy Recipe?
Wondering what else you can serve with this meal? Here are a few suggestions from the site:
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter salted
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 4 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Brown the bacon in a medium pan/skillet over medium heat. Cook until crisp. Remove and crumble. Set aside.
- Drain part of the bacon grease and add the butter and onions. Cook until onions are brown and transluscent.
- Turn the heat on low and add the flour. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk, salt, and pepper. Keep whisking until the gravy starts to thicken.
- Add the crumbled bacon and serve.