This Fall Harvest Chex Mix is a wonderful snack! It’s a version of Chex mix that has a bit of sweetness and a bit of spiciness to make your fall complete!
Watch How To Make It:
Did I ever tell y’all that I have a huge fear of heights?
Well…I do. I have no clue when I developed it but my suspicions are that it happened right after 9/11.
Elevators? Yep. Can’t walk into one without balling up my hands and clinging for dear life to the rails.
Buildings with more then 10 floors? I have to make sure not to look outside of the windows as I walk down the hallways to reach my destination.
And the worst one of all….planes. I cannot ride on a plane without breaking into some kind of mild panic attack first. Which really is a downer since my family is scattered all over the United States and the quickest way to visit them is to fly the friendly skies.
I vividly remember a time when heights used to never bother me. As a matter of fact, I LOVED riding on planes and remember flying from North Carolina to New York at the tender age of 14…alone!
Not sure what happened, however, I think I need to start channeling my 14 year old younger self and tell her to come back. Asap!
If I were to take a plane trip somewhere, I would definitely make sure pack a bag of this wonderful Fall Harvest Chex Mix to stow away in my carry-on.
I’m not kidding when I say that making this snack will make your home smell like fall. If it were possible, I would bottle the scent of this recipe and then release it whenever I want my fall fix.
I think it’s the combination of seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and a few other ingredients that make this recipe delectable and on the smokey side!
For the sweet side of things, we used candy corn M &M’s, however, you can use regular ones or even replace them with something similar. You can also add pretzels and peanuts into the mix as well.
Pair this mix with the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Acorns on the site for an even better party experience!
Have fun with it! That’s what it’s all about 🙂
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature cheese crackers (we used Cheez-Its, goldfish can be used as well)
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds (washed and dried)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspon hot pepper sauce (we used Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (we used Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 2 cups milk chocolate M & M's or candy corn M & M's
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, crackers, and pumpkin seeds.
- Place the melted butter inside a small bowl stir in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
- Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread mix onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and transfer to a large bowl. Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes and then add in the M & M's. Stir until well combined.
- Store in airtight containers or in a gallon sized ziplock bag.