Fall Harvest Chex Mix
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 3 cups of Wheat Chex
- 3 cups of Rice Chex
- 3 cups of miniature cheese crackers we used Cheez-Its
- 1 cup of fresh pumpkin seeds washed and dried
- 6 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce we used Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 cups milk chocolate M & M's or candy corn M & M's
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the cereal, crackers, and pumpkin seeds.
Place the melted butter inside a small bowl stir in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce.
Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
Spread mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 1 hour and transfer to a large bowl. Add in the M & M's and stir until well combined. Let the mixture cool for at least 15 minutes.
Store in airtight containers or in a gallon sized ziplock bag.
From the magazine, Taste of Home: Halloween Food & Fun; September/October 2008 edition
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!