This Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole is the perfect compliment to your Thanksgiving meal this year! It’s guaranteed to satisfy your guest this holiday season!
The Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons have always been traveling adventures for us until recently.
Our big move out west cured this. No traveling for us = more blogging time for me = more yummy recipes for you 😉
Now…the 411 on the pictures above and below….
….sweet potatoes…butter…sugar…pecans…that’s all you need to know….
I know there are TONS of recipes out there for Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole, however, this is the ONLY one my family will eat.
It fell into my lap 12 years ago and I have not looked for another one since!
It’s normally the first side dish to go at every Thanksgiving dinner we have ever hosted.
My cousin, Sharon, showed up at my mama’s house with this dish and our lives have never been the same. I have done some tweaking over the years to it to fit our family’s taste buds, but the recipe is still true to hers.
It has become a staple dish in our household every Thanksgiving and Christmas and is usually one of the first things to be gobbled up by Husband Man and the kids.
A little side note: If you aren’t a fan of pecans, 1 and 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows can be substituted. Just mix it everything as you would for the topping and use marshmallows in place of pecans.
We love it here…and hopefully you will too!
Hungry For More??
- Candied Yams/Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato/Yam Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Pie (can substitute pumpkin for sweet potatoes)
For the filling:
- 3 sweet potatoes (boiled and mashed, with skins off)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, granulated sugar, vanilla, milk, and salt.
- Add in the eggs and mix until well blended.
- Pour all the ingredients in a greased casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the topping ingredients. Sprinkle all of the topping ingredients over the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is firm and brown.