This recipe for Fruit Cornucopias is an easy Thanksgiving treat that is not only healthy, but enjoyable for kids of all ages.
I’ve been hunting easy Thanksgiving treats to make every year to make our holiday dinners shine.
Which is why I was thrilled when I discovered this recipe a few summers ago in preparation for one of the cooking classes that I used to teach.
The children really enjoyed making these and of course…eating them right after.
Any kind of fruit will suffice with this unique Thanksgiving dessert. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, raspberries, mandarin oranges, sliced peaches, sliced apples…if it fits inside the ice cream cone…it can be added.
Top them off with a drizzle of honey and maybe some pumpkin or sunflower seeds (not pictured) and you have the makings of a healthy and creative Thanksgiving dessert.
My children LOVE these and so do Husband Man and I.
The honey pulls it all together.
How to make This easy Thanksgiving Treat:
- Wash and cut your fruit of choice.
- Fill each cone with the fruit.
- Add seeds if desired.
- Drizzle honey on the top of each filled cone.
Helpful Tip: For a quicker assembly, pick fruit that doesn’t require chopping. Some examples are in the pictures above…raspberries, blueberries, and mandarin oranges.
None-pictured suggestions are blackberries, grapes, and canned pineapple chunks.
To make this recipe adventurous, consider mixing a few drops of lemon juice or orange juice with the 1/8 cup of honey. The addition of the juices will make the flavor pop and give the fruit an extra zing.
If you are making this cute Thanksgiving dessert, it’s always fun to discuss why we celebrate the season and the tradition of the cornucopias.
Corral the kids together and make this part of your Thanksgiving dinner every year! They will love it!
- 1 cup blueberries (washed and dried)
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges
- 1 cup raspberries (washed and dried)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 6 ice cream cones (with pointy bottoms)
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds, optional)
Equipment You'll Need
- Starting with one ice cream cone, fill the inside with your choice of fruit.
- Place pumpkin or sunflower seeds inside if desired.
- With a spoon, drizzle a few lines of honey on the top.
- Eat immediately or place in the fridge until ready to consume.