Elevate your morning with this recipe for Cracker Barrel Pecan Pancake Recipe. We enjoyed this recipe so much that it has been added to our collection of Cracker Barrel Recipes on the site!
This meal from Cracker Barrel is one that is not forgettable. If you thought their regular pancakes were delectable, your taste buds will rejoice as they dance with joy at every bite with this recipe!
Shop Our Favorite Cracker Barrel Products
These are affiliate links. They will not change the price of the items.
WE LOVE CRACKER BARREL
Enjoy shopping from this list of our favorite Cracker Barrel items!
This Cracker Barrel recipe is a time honored tradition of Southern hospitality and comfort. Who would have thought pecans would fit well with pancakes? When you recreate this dish in your own kitchen, you are creating a fusion of southern comfort and sweetness.
Why You Should Make These Pecan Pancakes from Cracker Barrel
Tips For Making these Cracker Barrel Pecan Pancakes
- Eggs: Separating the yolks from the whites will give the pancakes a bouncy texture.
- Buttermilk: This is a crucial part of the recipe. The buttermilk will give the pancakes a level comfort that is unmatched.
- Pecan Pieces: Pecans add a sweet and nutty flavor to the dish. It is recommended that this step should not be skipped.
Does Cracker Barrel Serve Other Pancake Flavors?
Besides their pecan pancakes, you can order regular buttermilk pancakes served with their signature maple syrup. They also serve blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup.
What is Cracker Barrel’s Secret for Producing Popular Pancakes?
The secret is in the pancake batter. This popular breakfast restaurant uses buttermilk as their number one ingredient to create these delectable pancakes.
What Appliance Do You Recommend to Make this Cracker Barrel Pecan Pancake Recipe?
We enjoy using an electric griddle/skillet such as this Black + Decker 8 Serving Electric Griddle to make these breakfast gems. It allows for not only evenly baked pancakes, but also is meant for creating multiple servings at a time.
More of Our Favorite Cracker Barrel Recipes
If you are looking for more Copycat Cracker Barrel Recipes, then check out a few more of our favorite ones on the site and from our friends.
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Gravy
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Pancake Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Biscuits
- Cracker Barrel Mac and Cheese
- The Best Hash Brown Casserole (Cracker Barrel Copycat)
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 4 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the electric griddle to 320 degrees. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a small microwave safe bowl and set aside the last tablespoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until well mixed.
- Add to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- With an electric mixture, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the pancake batter.
- Grease the hot griddle with the last tablespoon of butter. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter onto the greased griddle.
- With a spatula, turn pancakes when bubbles start to form on top, about 3 to 4 minutes. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- If you don’t have regular buttermilk, you can make your own by mixing 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Let it sit for about 8 minutes. When it starts to curdle, it’s ready to use.
- You can also make these pancakes on the stove in a heat safe skillet.