This was one of those desserts that I used to make for all those barbecues Husband Man and I used to throw back in his early military career. One word about those barbecues, they were….awesome!
We would invite everyone who hubby went to tech school with and all of us would rotate who hosted it every month. There were 3 couples in our little clan (Husband Man and I included) and one single Airmen. When we all first met, we were childless and newlyweds. By the time everyone PCS’d or finished their tour, all of us had children and our single Airmen was married.
We were there for every baby shower and every first birthday, with our very last get together being on Christmas Eve, 2007. I was at a birthday party this past weekend for one of my daughter’s classmates and the little girl had younger parents. Like Husband Man and I did so many years ago, they too had their own little clan. I smiled through that party, remembering the good old days and how, in this military life, complete strangers can become like family to you. This recipe has stayed in my favorites collection for years and we hope it will make it to your collection too 😉
- 2 little boxes of INSTANT banana cream pudding (each box should be 3.4 ounces)
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 8 oz. package of full fat cream cheese at room temp.
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 bananas, chopped
- 1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip
- 1 box of Vanilla Wafers
- Whip together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and Cool Whip until well blended and smooth.
- Add the pudding powder and the 4 cups of milk into the mixture. Whip until everything is well mixed.
- In a big bowl, layer the wafers, banana cream filling, and chopped bananas.
- Continue the layering, until all of the ingredients are gone, saving a few of the vanilla wafers for garnish.
- Garnish dessert with wafers, crushed up and whole. Chill until ready to serve.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!