Tired of the same breakfast everyday? Want to spice things up a little? Then this Sausage Casserole Recipe is just what you need! Our family loves it because of how delicious and easy it is to make. It has earned a spot in our collection of Easy Casserole Recipes!
There’s something nostalgic about a hearty casserole, and when it comes to comfort food, a sausage casserole definitely fits this description. The combination of sausage, onions, eggs, and aromatic seasonings makes it a dish that comforts the soul and makes your taste buds sing.
Recommended Sausage Casserole Recipe Tools
These are affiliate links and will not change the original price.
This sausage casserole is the epitome of comfort food and is the perfect no stress meal to make if you are looking something quick and easy. You can make it as a breakfast dish or have ‘brinner’-breakfast for dinner. It also makes a great take along casserole for get togethers.
Reasons Why You Need to Make this Sausage Casserole Recipe
Ingredients and Tips for this Casserole Recipe
Wondering what you need to make this meal? I got you covered below!
The links below are affiliate links and will not change the sale price of the item.
- Ground Breakfast Sausage: We like to use Jimmy Dean Mild Breakfast Sausage, but the hot variety will suffice as well.
- Cream Cheese: Use full fat cream cheese and not low fat. Our favorite to use is Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese, however, you can use another brand if you wish
- Crescent Roll Dough: This dough forms a bottom and top crust in the casserole. Don’t skip it.
- Onions: Adding a few vegetables into the mix makes the recipe pop.
- Scrambled Eggs: Eggs give the casserole a bit more protein. You can omit them if you aren’t a fan.
How Long Does Sausage Casserole Last?
This casserole can last up to 3 days if properly stored in the refrigerator. Allow it to come to room temperature and add left overs to a glass container preferably with a lid for protection. We recommend the ones from Pyrex.
What Size Dish Can Be Used to Make This Sausage Breakfast Casserole?
To hold the proper amount of ingredients, it is recommended to use a standard 9×13 inch size dish when you create these recipes. We enjoy using these Emile Henry casserole dishes to make ours. They come in different colors and are made with Burgundy clay for best baking/cooking results.
Another great bakeware brand are these Pyrex 9×13 casserole dishes. These are wonderful to use due to their glass exterior. Each set also comes with lids which makes it convenient for transport.
What to Serve With this Sausage Casserole
More of Our Favorite Hearty Casseroles
If you are looking for recipes that use hearty ingredients , then check out a few more of our favorite ones on the site and from our friends:
- 5 Ingredient Baked Ziti
- The Best Husband’s Delight Casserole
- The Best Taco Casserole Recipe
- Shepherd Pie Casserole
- Crockpot Ground Beef and Tator Tot Casserole
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounce ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 16 ounce refrigerated crescent rolls 2 packs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium skillet on medium high heat, scramble the four eggs and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the ground sausage until it turns light brown. Add the chopped onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it reaches a melting consistency. Add the scrambled eggs.
- Unroll one of the crescent roll dough tubes onto the greased baking sheet. Pinch the seams together and form the dough into a bottom crust.
- Pour the sausage and cream cheese mixture over the dough and spread it around.
- Unroll the second tube of crescent roll dough and place it over the top of the meat mixture. Pinch the seams and pinch all around the edges.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top of the dough turns light brown in color.