If you need a dish to go with your main meal, consider this Baked Sweet Potato Recipe! Made with only 3 ingredients, it’s easy to make when you are low on time and funds. They have been added to our collection of Sweet Potato Recipes!
The awesome thing about this recipe, it’s VERY easy to make! All you need are the sweet potatoes themselves and maybe 2 or 3 ingredients for garnish.
Not only are sweet potatoes healthy, they can take the place of a regular baked potato as a side dish. You will experience both sweet and savory, depending on which seasonings you use as a garnish.
Products used to make these sweet potato recipes
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Reasons why you need to make this baked sweet potato recipe
Ingredients and tips for making these sweet potatoes
Wondering what you need to make these yummy potatoes? I got you covered below!
- Fresh Sweet Potatoes: This is the only main ingredient you will need. Make sure to scrub and wash them before cooking.
- Salt and Pepper: This is to add a bit of savory to the recipe.
- Butter: We like to use salted, however, feel free to use unsalted.
- Cinnamon: If you want a bit of sweetness, add this ingredient.
- Fresh Rosemary: For garnish.
How do you store these sweet potatoes?
Bring the potatoes to room temperature then store in an air tight glass container, such as these Pyrex Glass Food Storage Containers. Place it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
What is the best temperature for this baked sweet potato recipe?
Typically, sweet potatoes need to be baked in a 400 to 420 degree oven for about an hour. Each oven is different so you may need to adjust the temperature as needed.
What can you add to a baked sweet potato recipe?
When you bake a sweet potato, you can add numerous garnishes for toppings when it is ready to consume. For a sweet experience, add mini marshmallows, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. For the savory side, try butter, a fried egg or two, or chopped green onions.
More of our favorite sweet potato recipes:
If you are looking for more sweet potato recipes, then check out a few more of our favorite ones on the site and from our friends:
- Candied Yam/Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole
- Sweet Potato/Yam Bread
- Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Sweet Potato Fries
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 5 sweet potatoes medium, washed and scrubbed
- 2 1/2 tbsp. butter cut into 5 pieces
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take each sweet potato and poke holes around them with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for an hour. Let them cool and garnish with butter, ground cinnamon, and fresh rosemary.